Monday, September 8, 2008

Baby Young's Expected B-day: Sept 23

As luck would have it, our sweet little baby has already decided to be a bit rebellious and has not yet turned. What does this mean? Well, it means we have a breech baby with a cute little head in my ribs...which means it would try to join this world feet first & that doesn't usually work out so well. The doctor said that we needed to schedule a C-section so the big day is going be Tuesday, September 23. Of course I've considered the pros and cons and since I don't really have another choice as of now here are my pros:

- We know when baby will come
- I won't have to endure really long labor pains
- Andrew will definitely be in town for baby's arrival
- We know that the rest of our babies will also have a pre-determined b-day

I'm sure there are many more but I'm trying to look at this as positively as possible since it's definitely not what I anticipated. And don't worry, if Baby Young decides to try to come naturally...AKA I go into labor before September 23 then yes, I'll have an unplanned C-section. Finally...they will check at the very last moment on the morning of September 23 to be 100% sure baby hasn't done any somersaults into the right position before they do the big surgery.

I promise to keep you all updated in case we end up with an earlier than anticipated b-day...otherwise be looking for pictures of Baby Young in just about two weeks from today! :)

12 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

When I was pregnant with Kins I actually wanted a c-section for a while there so I knew WHEN and didnt have to go through labor. The last couple weeks are the worst because you are always wondering when you go to sleep if this will be the night you awaken in labor. It is just so antsy. Well that is only 15 days, which is crazy! We cant wait to see what it is!!

Suz said...

Sorry to hear that baby young is not cooperating- but as you said, at least you know when the little baby will be making an appearance (well at least no later than!)
Good luck with everything- I am sure you will do great!

Paije said...

Yah!!! I can't wait to see your little one! You are gonna be the best parents! Paije :)

Michael B said...

Looking forward to the pictures! Good luck this last stretch...

Krystal said...

We're so excited for you guys...I can't believe how soon the baby is coming!

Erin said...

Good luck, let me know what happens, we'll be thinking of you!

Kirsta and Morian said...

Thought I'd join the throng of well-wishers! Well, if my baby continues to NOT cooperate either, our babies will be born 1 week apart. Morian likes to say he's that kind of baby..does what he wants! Oh well! We're excited for you guys and cna't wait to see pictures!

Jenny said...

My baby is sitting breech too. I was told to do flips underwater or to arch my back on all fours to encourage the baby to flip. My friend Kala was pretty much ready for them to make the incision for her c-section when her little guy decided to turn over. Has your doctor tried or going to try to flip baby for you? Supposedly they monitor the heart and have an ultrasound going and physically push on you tummy. Anyway, this is quite a long comment. Good luck! Hopefully baby will flip for you...and mine for me.

Dear Little Dude said...

Erika, I had a C-Section and it was amazing!!! It was actually way better than I even expected. My baby was too big and I loved having it scheduled. If you have any questions you can feel free to call me.

AD Young Family said...

10 more days!!!! yaay!!!

I cant wait to hear of your baby's birth... In the baby pool... i guess i will take September 23rd...

love dad

Kaytie Brown said...

Baby Young is almost here!!! YAY!!! I am so excited for you guys. We wish you all the best!

Betty Kay said...

Okay, so after reading all the comments, I still get dibs after Andrew of being the FIRST to know, right???