Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Visit from Melissa!!

For the past two weeks we were lucky enough to have Andrew's youngest sister, Melissa, visit us before she heads off to paradise--I mean college--at BYU-Hawaii. :) Although I was a bit busy watching the little girl up the street (this is my latest venture...so far so good) we were able to do lots of fun things. Our trip included many walks in the neighborhood or in the park, trips to the grocery store, and visits to the gym. Pretty typical stay-at-home mom stuff. :)

We were able to get out a bit more with Andrew on the weekends . I must admit my favorite part was getting to go to our temple in Louisville for the first time since Keegan was born. We've been to the Jordan River and Palmyra temples but not to our own since our little guy joined our family almost a year ago! :)

After our visit to the Louisville temple we did make a stop at Churchill Downs--we wanted to show Melissa a little bit of a good time at least! :)


We even got a free tour around Churchill Downs since it is the off season currently. (Sadly that does mean we didn't get to see any horses in action)


This is one of the retired horses that we got to visit on our tour. One of the only live horses we got to see on this trip.

I especially enjoyed having Melissa visit because it gave me some company and she was definitely a big help with Keegan and the 6 month old little girl I watch during the day. I hope she didn't feel like too much of a babysitter. :) We'll miss her but not for long because we get to visit her in Hawaii in April!! :) Yea!!

2 comments:

Michael B said...

Such memories of Churchill Downs! We are jealous you will be going to Hawaii! Mind if we tag along?

Betty Kay said...

So are you trying to make me really jealous by showing me all those pictures of Churchill Downs? Well, it worked!