Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Halloween!

On Halloween night we stayed in and gave out candy to the neighbor kids. I don't think I can justify taking a 1 month old trick or treating. I mean...it'd be a little obvious that he couldn't actually eat the candy himself. :)

On Saturday we visited a park that was selling pumpkin Belgian waffles. I found a guy in Cincinnati that is from Belgium with a business called Taste of Belgium. I've been in heaven ever since (once you've had the real thing, you'll never be complete without them!!). They were also launching pumpkins with a trebuchet (like a catapult with a rope) which we found very entertaining.

Then later that night we had a Trunk or Treat / Chili Cookoff with our ward. We didn't participate in the Chili Cookoff (well except for enjoying many different kinds of chili) but we did give out lots of candy.



Here is our little pumpkin! (Thank you Grammie Betty Kay for the outfit!)


And of course the cute little pumpkin bum has to be appreciated too... :)

6 comments:

Suz said...

what an adorable little pumpkin! Sound slike you guys had a great Halloween.

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest little pumpkin! Oh and by the way I am so glad you found our blog.

Michael B said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We really missed you guys on Friday, it would have been so fun to have you there - I'm looking forward to seeing Andrew in a couple weeks though...

Michael B said...

cute little pumpkin bum... it was fun and we missed you guys. The gregnancy is going great! Thankfully I feel really good... the doc advised me to stop running b/c I get really sore afterward. Otherwise, just normal discomfort and I really love it. You're great.

Betty Kay said...

Yes, I definitely agree with the comments of the others... But mostly what a darling pumpkin costume. He looks much cuter in it than it was on the hanger. But I can't understand you skipping out on the trick or treating at all. And Erikee, your design on the blog is so very cuter. I love it!!!

Krystal said...

too cute!