Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Puppy Has Arrived...

And here she is...



We are still working out her name but for now we are trying out Jade. We haven't decided if it fits yet...we'll let you know in about a week. :)

We picked her up yesterday as planned. She was all ready to come home with us and she was a very good girl. We brought her crate with us in the car so that she would have a safe means of travel. Andrew read in a book that it can be dangerous to transport an animal in a vehicle without a carrier so that's as close as we got. :) We had one stop to make before going home and she slept the whole time in the car. Except of course until we started back on our way home and she started crying. We thought she just wanted to be let out but um, we learned our first lesson as pet parents. She was actually saying...I need to go to potty!! We've got a ways to go on the potty training but so far she goes almost every time we take her outside. She hasn't gone on the carpet even once yet! (or I haven't found any evidence yet... :)).


As soon as we let her inside she just followed us wherever we went. But when she settled down it was here in Andrew's lap while he played around on the computer.


And here is her first little bath. Can you see how tiny she is that she fits in our bathroom sink!! :)

13 comments:

Suz said...

Oh- she is so tiny and adorable! It makes me want a puppy! :)

Good Luck with the potty training!

Anonymous said...

What a tiny little puppy! Looks like Andrew is already bonding with his new buddy... We are expecting a fully potty trained and house broken dog for our visit in July... right?

Kirsta and Morian said...

oh my goodness! i didn't realize how tiny she was till i saw her in the sink! that is so precious! good luck with the potty training!

Betty Kay said...

Oh, she looks much cuter in the sink!! And she is so very little. Be careful not to step on her...

Erika said...

Have no fear, Mike. She'll be completely potty trained by July--or else we'll probably lose our sanity. :) She'll probably be a lot bigger by then too!

Anonymous said...

I thought you guys said you were getting a dog? :)

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Hey Andrew- and Erika(I'm sad I never got to meet you!) the puppy is super cute! I just started blogging and I found you on Mike and Annie's I"ll add you to my list! Check mine out (oh yeah it's Camille Millecam Sorensen by the way) we're gregandcamille.blogspot.com

Michael B said...

She is so little! By the way, I guess it sounded like we didn't like market street grill, but we really did. The ravioli was really good. But no I don't like clam chowder. Is "Jade" going to be an outside/inside dog, an inside dog, or an outside dog?

Annie

Ashley and Dave said...

Pretty cute little puppy. Congratulations! Hope all is going well for you out there!
Dave

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Andrew,
Happy birthday to you!!

You're growing up so fast!

Annie

Anonymous said...

Jade totally fits! She is so cute! I hope she stays little like Kali did!!

Anonymous said...

Erika - I am so glad that Lilly will be potty trained by July otherwise I'm not sure how we would have been able to make our visit work... oh, what a relief this is... thank goodness!!! How big do these dogs get?

Dani said...

So cute! I must say, you guys are brave!