Friday, February 22, 2008

20 Years in Review

Suz tagged me this time. I guess this is the week of tags for me...so here goes!

20 Years Ago...... 1988
I was 5 years old and started kindergarten in the second half of the year. My family was living in Silverdale, Washington at the time, which was a recent move from my birthplace in Hanford, California. My teacher was Mrs. Tate at the Jenny Wright Elementary School—it’s now the district office in Central Kitsap, I believe.

10 Years Ago.... 1998
I was 15 years old—a freshman in high school. My family had moved to Belfair, Washington (where they still reside). Let’s see if I can remember my boyfriend from 9th grade—Corleone…haha…my sister Amber dated him too. (He was a senior in high school at the time so he was only one year younger than her). Caitlin will remember if there was anybody else I forgot.

5 Years Ago.....2003
This would be my sophomore/junior year of college. I got into the Marriott School of Management in the Spring of 2003. Two of my wonderful roommates got married during the summer, one went on a mission, one graduated and moved into a new apartment as she started her Master’s program, and only one stayed with me in good ol’ Regency 36!

3 Years Ago.....2005
2005 had some of the biggest milestones of my life…I met my wonderful husband Andrew—who I didn’t actually think would ever become my husband at the time. I graduated from BYU with my degree in Business Management—Marketing. I did my internship in Belgium and got to visit France, Germany, the Netherlands/Holland, and my favorite place in Europe of all—Italy!

1 Year Ago......2007
Andrew and I started the year out in our small little apartment at Roberta Linn. Andrew graduated from BYU with his degree in Information Technology and got his job with Kroger which brought us all the way out here to Cincinnati, Ohio (we actually do live on the Kentucky side though.) And of course we bought our first house in good ol’ Hebron, Kentucky.

So Far This Year..... 2008
Our cute little puppy, Lilly, joined our family. She is a handful and way more work than I ever, ever imagined. Mom, why didn’t you make me help out with the potty training of our pets so I knew what I was getting myself into?? Otherwise, nothing too crazy has happened thus far but we are looking forward to at least three visits from friends/family and are planning at least two trips of our own.

Yesterday I....
Hmmm…worked as usual and called the vet to find out if there is anything I can do for my little puppy who is sick, sick, sick. Let’s just say I’ve been doing lots of laundry and she gets baths once a day!

Today I....
I went home at lunch to give Lilly a bath and clean out her crate…my boss thought maybe I wasn’t coming back from lunch because I was 5 minutes late. But once I explained the situation he was very understanding.

Tomorrow I...
Will hopefully get to sleep through the night…yeah right! (Lilly just cries when she is sick!) Get lots of cleaning and laundry done…since weekends are the only opportunity for this! And hopefully I will go to the gym!

This Year I will....
Get to visit with friends and family... and get two new nephews or maybe a nephew and a niece. We’ll pay off my car!! Yeah! We’ll paint some more rooms in our house and work on some other home improvements. And although I don’t foresee any big changes, I think it’ll be a great year!

If you want to do this too--then consider yourself tagged! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, very interesting.

Michael B said...

Wow...you are on a tagging streak! What tag will come next??? I am in such suspense just waiting on the edge of my seat...

Michael B said...

Hey...we just made our blog only open to invited readers, so make sure we invite you - send an email to micbeck007@gmail.com.

The Beardmores said...

Why must you publicize that we dated the same boy? Not that I have shame or anything... just TMI I suppose- heh heh... you know I"m joshin'

I like that lil' post, kinda fun to write I bet and even funner to read!

Love you- let me know what happens with your "wage negotiation" I support so highly!
AMB

Jenny said...

I thoroughlky enjoyed you going public with that little fact about Corleone, you and your sister. I didn't know that so it made for a good chuckle. The only thing I remember about him was that night the phone rang in your mom's room for you, I looked out the window to tell you and you thought I was spying on you two making out. Remember??? Hilarious. Ok, well, miss you guys. Wish you lived closer.