Here is a quote that I found very profound -
Democrats will run another play at cutting off the Iraq War effort. Harry Reid vows this time will be different. Well, if Democrats want to declare the surge a failure after just a couple of months, we can declare the Democrat Congress a failure. They haven't achieved any of their benchmarks. It's time for a new direction.
--Rush Limbaugh
Now I am not an avid listener to this program but I did happen to get a hold of this quote. I signed up to win an iPhone and now I get emails with this stuff in it. I must admit though that this rings true to me. I mean in all honesty I really do not think it is fair for the Democrats to do this. I mean I can see why they are doing it because there are republicans jumping ship and changing their position. However, that does not make it right. I mean for Barbara Boxer to assume that the American People voted to end the war in Iraq by voting in a democratic congress is a blatant disregard for 80 to 90% of what the Dem's ran on this past election. What was the "First 100 hours" crap about then. I am guessing there are at least a few people out there who could care less about the war, they just wanted the minimum wage raised.
Now to the Democrats credit they did get a bill passed that increased the minimum wage. I thought their tactics were cowardly because they had to hide it in the Iraq Spending bill but that is besides the point. The real issue here is that they are throwing out double standards up the Wazoo. So they can miss benchmarks in the first few months but the Generals in Iraq cannot. That is just messed up. Some might say, "The democrats Benchmarks do not affect human life". I would venture to say otherwise. There are illegals dieing on the boarder every week. Not the same number of people but it does happen. Their immigration bill, championed by Bush, Reid, and Pelosi failed miserably. However, I do realize that that could be a whole separate debate in and of itself.
Their whole attitude is coming across to me as "Above the Law". Yet they had no problems accusing Bush of being "Above the Law" during the Libby Commutation. They feel like they can do whatever they want. I mean the Dem's were the Kings of filibustering when they were the minority. Now that they are the majority and have to put up with it they get frustrated and start throwing out names.
The bottom line is I just wish we could stop politicizing the Freaking War and get congress to work on domestic issues. I mean the education system in Utah SUCKS in terms of paying teachers. The health care system could use some help too. However, I personally wouldn't mind if the democrats left that alone because socialized medicine as we know it just is not the way I feel the US needs to go. Those are just two examples of things that need to be addressed. Another thing is the tax code. Of course the Democrats won't touch that till after the election in 2008 because they don't want to daemonize themselves. But these things are all topics for another day.
The moral of the story is "Cast the beam out of your own eye" before you start pointing fingers at other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment