Andrew and Melissa went to Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure on the fifth day of our trip by themselves. I figured I would need a break and so would the kids so we stayed at the hotel by ourselves. Both kids got a good nap (and so did Mommy!) and Keegan got to go swimming in the pool with Daddy when Andrew and Melissa got back.
Here are some pictures from Universal:

Andrew in front of Hogsmeade. Who would have guessed there would be snow in 81 degree weather! This section of the park did not dissapoint. It was a good thing because lets be honest, it is the ONLY reason we went the this park in the first place.

Hogwarts Castle: This was home to the Harry Potter ride. That was pretty sweet. We got to experience a Quitich match, run from Dimentors, narrowly escape a huge tree that tried to kill us, and come face to face with a Fire Breathing dragon that Haggred misplaced.

The Butter Beer Keg...apparently it was so good Andrew and Melissa got two Butter Beers. They brought some back and it reminded me of Butter Rum which apparently was a local thing in Washington so Andrew had never heard of it.
Andrew: It was amazing!!

A dinosaur ride...that's all I know about this picture. Andrew will have to add commentary later. :)
Andrew: This was near the Jurassic Park boat tour. We were nearly eaten by a T-rex very similar to this one but instead plummeted down a slope and got soaked. I was wondering why the line for the front seat was empty.
Andrew: As a side note, if you ever go to Islands of Adventure you can skip Posidan's Fury. It is not actually a ride. It is more like a show. Very disappointing. Especially considering that we waited 30 min to see it and that was twice as long as we waited for any other ride that day.
My favorite ride at this park was "The Hulk". It was sweet because halfway up the intial climb we we rocketed forward into an immediate corkscrew. COMPLETELY unexpected, I actually almost dropped my glasses that I was holding in my hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment