Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 2: Animal Kingdom

Since there are only 4 parks at Disney World and we had a 6 day pass we had originally planned on visiting Animal Kingdom twice. For those of you who don't know, Keegan is an animal fanatic. On every single ride (whether intended to be about animals or not) Keegan would point out each and every animal. However, after visiting Animal Kingdom we found we were able to do most everything we wanted in one day and didn't end up returning.

We started our morning out at Animal Kingdom with a Character Breakfast at the Tusker House Restaurant. All-You-Can-Eat Buffet--now coming from a girl who does not like buffet food, this food was pretty delicious! Best buffet I've had yet. (But I hear Disney doesn't do anything bad).

Daddy & Keegan

Scott & Keegan at Animal Kingdom

King Louie, Grandma & Keegan, and Baloo from the Jungle Book


Uncle Scott and Keegan on TriceraTop Spin (thanks, Scott for riding with Keegan on all of the spinn-y rides that Mommy and Daddy were not at all interested in losing their lunch for).

Keegan & Daddy in front of Expedition Everest

At Animal Kingdom we enjoyed a ride on Expedition Everest (where I left my sunglasses) and Kilimanjaro Safari, a walk through the Maharajah Jungle and Pangani Forest, a spin on Primeval Whirl, and a trip on the ride Dinosaur (which Andrew considered letting Keegan ride which was quickly vetoed when even Mommy thought it was a bit too much for her). We also saw the Festival of the Lion King show and the 3-D movie It's Tough to be a Bug--as well as Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. I'm sure I'll forget something that we did and disappoint Andrew but we really did everything so it's hard to keep track of it all!

No comments: