I took these pictures just before I started sewing the pages together so some of the pages aren't quite finished yet but you get the idea...
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Quiet Book
I am sooo excited to share the quiet book I made for Keegan. I finished it yesterday--just in time for Christmas. I have been working on it for 3 months now and it was A LOT of work. I never plan to ever make one again but I am so glad I did it. I looked at a lot of different blogs and copied the pages I liked the best and this is what I came up with. By no means am I a professional but I'm happy with the results!
I took these pictures just before I started sewing the pages together so some of the pages aren't quite finished yet but you get the idea...


So after many hand-sewn buttons, letters, snaps and machine sewn everything else...I am sooo glad it's over. Keegan better play with this until he falls asleep!! :)
I took these pictures just before I started sewing the pages together so some of the pages aren't quite finished yet but you get the idea...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
goodness that's sooo super cute! i love the details and all the different themes. I had a smaller book from Discovery Toys for kelton around 2 yrs and he LOVED it. It was the perfect church book EVER! Hope Keegan likes his (i'm sure he will love it)!!!!
Well, it IS very very cute my Erikee, and you did a fabulous job!!! I'm so proud of you! You did it!
As I was reading I thought wow! It took three months?!?! Then I saw the pages and could see why! Super awesome, and feel free to send it our way if he doesn't play with it! lol. I've always wanted to make one but now I see how much work it may actually require and I'm not sure I'm up for it. Yours looks great! Nice job!
Looks awesome!! I have great hopes that one day I can make one of those - but first I need to learn how to sew and get lots more patience! I am way impressed!
Suz you can learn HOW to sew while you make the book and patience is a nice to have but not required. Just ask Erika... :)
Shhh don't tell her I said this!
Great book! Please send one for Sadie!!!
what!? It look totally awesome, I love it.
Good job. Your response of "I'm glad I made it but will never make one again" seems to be the common thought among all my friends! I think I'll take your advise...and not start one!
I hope it works!
ADORABLE. Period. You have some SUPER cute mommy skills going on....
Post a Comment