The terrible twos really aren't that badTo be honest I think I am a sweet little lad
Being two is great because I'm an expert at walking
I am getting the hang of this thing called talking
However Mom & Dad still don't seem to understand
My solution is simple, YELL AS LOUD AS I CAN
Playing with toys is really a blast
I can clutter an entire room quite fast
I really love playing with our dog Lilly
Her futile attempts to run are just silly
I have realized how much I REALLY love animals
I would watch them all day if I could find the channel
I am starting to see why Dad loves Mickey Mouse
He is so cool he has his own Clubhouse
Learning my colors has been an absloute ball
I describe each crayon as I write on the wall
Numbers and letters will come with time
It's just hard to concentrate because it's so fun to climb
Mom tried to trick me into giving up diapers
I don't have time for potties, I'm too hyper
I wondered why they wanted me to change so quick
Then I noticed Mommy getting sick
Mommy went to the doctor but she is still tired
Yet she is smiling like this is something she desired
I was so confused why Dad was so happy
Then I heard something whispered by Pappy
My body was hit with a wave of despair
All I could think was, "This just isn't fair!"
Dad said, "Do you think he will like his new brother or sister?"
I will give you an answer and you won't like it, Mister!
Life's been great to this point--I love being two
But if a baby is coming, I am moving to the zoo!!
12 comments:
Congrats!!! How exciting for you all! We're very excited for you. When are you due? I hope you feel better soon!
Also, good luck with the potty training. I tried to force it for a little while with Eva but then realized it wasn't worth the fight. Several months later she really wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese (she saw a commercial and hadn't ever been there) and so I used that as a bribe--and she was immediately interested in being potty trained, so we were very lucky that way. Hopefully you can find something that works for you.
I have to say I agree that the 'terrible twos' haven't been too bad. But I have heard from a bunch of people that age three is more terrible than two. (I'll let you know in a few weeks if that is really the case...)
My due date is August 3 and I am finally starting to feel better now that I'm out of the first trimester! :)
And I am definitely determined to have Keegan potty trained before this baby comes so hopefully we find some good incentive soon! :)
Congrats you guys! That's exciting!
What a really cute poem, Andrew! And I hope no one really thinks that terrible twos are NOt that bad... And I am so excited to finally hear of the big news!
That was such a creative way to announce your pregnancy! Congrats! Glad you're feeling better! Good luck with the potty training! I'm pretty sure Devin is going to be in diapers until he's 5! hehe! Well, I hope not!
woot woot! I am so excited we will still be in Cincinnati for the arrival! I know your mom and dad will probably be there but I would still love to help out!
Congrats!! That is fantastic news!!
woo hoo! very creative post to boot.
Yea!! How far along are you? I feel huge and still have three months to go! Due on my birthday. You? Hope you feel better soon!
Congrats. What a fun way to announce! Keegan will be such a great helper and big brother.
How did I miss this for so long! Congratulations!
YAY!!!
Post a Comment