Sunday, August 10, 2008

Say It Ain't So!

In Andrew's absence I have become enamored of Edward Cullen. (Rest assured though, Andrew is aware of my obsession.) Yes...I've joined the cult of the Twilight Series. At first I was not interested at all in the books. I heard many people who raved about it but still, the whole idea of a girl falling in love with a vampire seemed weird (and still does). But then a girl in my ward bought the first two books and I was loaned the first book, Twilight. And I must confess...I read it in about 8 hours -- what? Andrew is gone and although I typically go to bed early, there was no sleeping with this book. I kept trying to put it down but it was impossible.


So I am now waiting for book two, New Moon, to become available and I'm already number 21 in a line of people waiting for one of the eleven copies of Eclipse at the library. Oh-my-gosh! What has happened to me!? Andrew thinks it's so cliche to be reading the series but I'm okay with that. I am reminded of the Cake song, Rock & Roll Lifestyle. And no I'm not one of the people who "heard of them first" and I prefer it that way. I'd much rather come in on the tail end of the series so I don't have to wait for each new book to come out. I wasn't born with a lot of patience so this works out better for me. :)

As for the new movie coming out in December of the first book, Twilight, I am sooo disappointed with their choice for Edward. It's the guy from Harry Potter, Cedric, who was Cho's boyfriend that died (as a side note I somehow missed that Harry Potter movie and was soooo confused in the one after that). In the trailer this guy looks like nothing like the beautiful incarnate of Edward. So we'll see the kind of charm he actually has in the movie.

For those of you who have already finished Breaking Dawn--please don't tell me anything! I hope to be reading it soon!! :)

5 comments:

Suz said...

Erika- glad to see you have joined the dark side ;) I actually am right in the middle of reading Breaking Dawn Right now- I've finished about 450 pages in the last 2 days, her books are hard to put down. Hopefully you'll get new moon soon. Just know, I didn't love it as much as Twilight, but it's worth reading to get to the third book. :)

Aubrey said...

Erika, I LOVE Twilight. I am reading the fourth one this week. I was resistant to read them too...and it even took me about 150 pages to really get into it but I love them!! I am so glad you love edward too!!

Kaytie Brown said...

Yeah, those silly books are killer to put down. I finished breaking dawn in less than 24 hours. I had to finish real quick so that I could go back to being a responsible grown up person who did the dishes and slept. That's so fun that you're reading them!

Erin said...

Sad to say I joined the club as well. I liked Twilight a lot better than Breaking Dawn, but its a funny series to read. Silly romance books, who ever thought it would involve a vampire and a werewolf!

Betty Kay said...

Good grief this is a ridiculous obsession! Sounds like you're all in this together.