
Well...I guess I'm a member of the club now, right? :) I finished all four of the Twilight Series books in a little under two weeks. My official assessment? Well I loved the first one and of course that is what led me to read the second--which of course kept my attention long enough to get me through the third one. And who can leave a series unfinished, right? So I officially finished Breaking Dawn--the finale to the saga. And I have to be honest, I would have been ok if she stopped at the first book.
I never liked Jacob so of course I didn't love New Moon. And then in Eclipse I felt like Bella was trying to have both Edward & Jacob and somehow both guys were ok with that, just as long as they could both have her. And then when Bella got pregnant in Breaking Dawn it all went down hill from there for me. It just got too sci-fi fantasy for me. Is that terrible? Don't get me wrong, I grew up loving the movies Labyrinth and Legend--two very sci-fi fantasy movies. I guess I just felt like Breaking Dawn took a huge dive into that realm that could've been avoided.
Overall, I enjoyed the series and definitely am looking forward to the movie. But at least being done means I can go back to playing with Lilly and cleaning the house. Good thing I don't have anyone at home right now (Andrew & of course no baby yet! :))
4 comments:
LOL! I totally know what you mean about getting back to real life- I made the mistake of starting Breaking Dawn during our garage sale- not a lot of packing got done during the following days. I also agree about the whole pregnancy thing- it was REALLY weird- could have done with out it. So how much longer before the little baby young makes an appearance? Are you feeling good these days?
Best blog entry ever! Laughed so hard...I agree with your whole view on the books. Took the words right out of my mouth! Jason got me the other book by her "The Host" One word describes it...weird... I'll let you know how it goes, so far I'm only 12 pages into it, its going to be a long book to read for me I have a feeling! One recommendation read "The Great & Terrible" its fantastic! All five of them I've loved, and so has everyone else that I've recommended them to.
Ok- so I totally agree with you. I just feel like I was not totally satisfied with the final book, and I am not sure what it was. Me and my sister-in-law were sitting around reading it and I finally turned to her and said, 'do they ever stop having sex?' I was like, enough already! It was just a little odd- I agree.
Oh, and the more time that passes...the more I dont like it. Hmmm. I cant believe that you still dont know what you are having...are you going CRAZY?!
Post a Comment