Sunday, June 1, 2008

Washington D.C.

Last weekend Andrew & I had the opportunity to visit my old roommate Tori and her husband Brandon in Washington D.C. (not to be confused with the state I grew up in :) ). We had a wonderful time visiting the temple, seeing the sights, and enjoying great company. Probably Andrew's only regret is not having enough time. As you may know D.C. is a walking city and being pregnant isn't really conducive to excessive walking (especially in bad shoes at the speed of Andrew). We had a great time but have been spending the entire week catching up with real life--thus the delay in this post! :) Enjoy the pictures--there are a lot!!

First stop -- Washington D.C. Temple

Mt. Vernon
(George Washington's Mansion)

WWII Memorial

Washington Monument

Lincoln Memorial
(our camera isn't cool enough to work in the dark)

Erika & Andrew with our gracious hosts, Brandon & Tori

Jefferson Memorial
(Andrew quizzed me on what this building was before we visited it when driving by and I failed miserably)

Potomac River
(despite no fishing signs for health reasons, there were a few people with their rods out)

Arlington National Cemetery -- Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier


And last but certainly not least -- The Holocaust Museum -- we found out you need tickets the day before we left. So Andrew stood in line on the morning of the day we had to leave and we got in. Luckily I've seen Schindler's List and learned a lot about the Holocaust otherwise I would've been deeply traumatized by this experience. It's still so terrible and sad though.

9 comments:

Erin said...

What a great trip! You guys did a lot, I would love to go there...one day! Rest those feet cute preg-o friend of mine! ;)

Michael B said...

Looks like a blast! One day we'll get out to D.C.

Aubrey said...

IT looks like so much fun! I cannot wait until we can go on vacation with you guys!!

Michael B said...

You two are the kind people who should be having kids! I just really love you guys!

Annie

Betty Kay said...

Wow, you saw a lot of great history. I know dad has been there often, but I have not. I'm glad you got to go before you're too far along too, Erikee. You can actually see a little baby bump just a bit more than last time. You're gettin' up there now, you know!

Vanessa said...

i love how you match each other (temple pic)! go to the temple as much as you can while you can! and don't worry- snacks are always allowed! :)

Anonymous said...

I expect your next trip to involve a hot brown...and there better be pictures!!!

Kaytie Brown said...

How fun for you guys!! Tell Tori hi for me! Does she have a blog or anything? You're way cute and prego!!

Zsofi and Scott Reber said...

so is it just me, or you wear eyeliner these days again...?????
i hate not knowing about your everyday makeup rutine.. also I was gonna borrow the black top from the temple picture for this friday if thats okay...