Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to Life

Andrew & I have been mostly home-bodies for the past couple of weeks. About two weeks ago Andrew sprained his ankle...not any cool story associated with it. He just called me Wednesday morning right when I got to work and said, "I think I broke my ankle." Of course I responded, "Are you sure? Well go to an Urgent Care then." Uh, duh, he couldn't drive. And of course it was his right ankle that he sprained so that meant no driving for a while for Andrew. Did I also mention that this happened on a day when we there was a tornado watch so the rain was pretty intense. To top it all off, I got pretty sick at the same time and being pregnant, I couldn't take much for the sickness.

Ok so it sounds worse than it is. We survived the sprained ankle and my cold. Andrew is walking without crutches (but still taking ibprofuen & keeping his foot elevated) and my sinuses are mostly back to normal.

So now that we are among the walking & breathing again, we finally got to get out and do something!! :) The local Cincinnati Shakespeare Company put on a free production of a Midsummer Night's Dream at our local park. So we took a picnic, invited some friends, and enjoyed Shakespeare in the park. It was actually pretty entertaining and you can't beat free! :)


As a side note--I had to take a three-hour glucose test to make sure I hadn't gotten gestational diabetes (from being pregnant of course) and I'm happy to report I am diabetes free! The one-hour test wasn't fun so you can imagine my excitement at having to go back to do the three-hour test. But it all worked out in the end! Yea for non-regulated eating!! :) Hahaha...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know how he sprained his ankle.

I also want to know how the BBQ is. What he's made and when we can expect his tv show to begin.

Betty Kay said...

No, forget the T.V. show... I think the evening in the park sounds really fun. I wish we had the opportunity to do that somewhere around here, but there's no way. Around here is too small and Seattle is too big.

Suz said...

The play sounds like it was a lot of fun- especially being free! Sounds like you guys find plenty of things to keep you entertained around there.
Oh and I am glad to hear about the diabetes test- those pregnancy tests are always so nerve racking!

Michael B said...

did you have to drink that nasty orange drink before your glucose testing? I hear it is horrible!

Annie

Kirsta and Morian said...

i did the 1-hour glucose test too, but i haven't heard back yet to see if i passed. you know, i'm kinda weird, but i kinda liked the orange drink. not too sugary for me! hehe!

Erika said...

I did have to drink the orange drink. Surprisingly I liked it too at the 1-hour test, except for it did hurt my tummy a little. But for the 3-hour you have to drink twice as much and somehow it got a little more medicinal at that point and was so hard to drink in 5 minutes! Hopefully I don't have to do it ever again (at least not for this pregnancy!!).

Michael B said...

Yeah, I want to know how Andrew sprained his ankle.

-Mike

Anonymous said...

I knew you were hypoglycemic. That explains everything about you! I knew it! Mwahahahahaha!

Erika said...

For those who must know...

Andrew was running into a building from his car. And then he turned his ankle right out front of the building. I know it's a disappointment that there isn't more to it (hence why I omitted the info) but that is the whole story. Hope this clears things up for the inquiring minds. :)

David and Heather said...

I had to take the nasty orange juice glucose test when I was pregnant, and it was pretty bad.

-David