Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday!

Well I am officially a quarter of a century old now. There's no turning back. :) And ok...why would I? It's been a wonderful 25 years. My first gift was Andrew waking up with me at 8am on a Saturday (my birthday on the 10th). I always wake up before him and have to wait at least until 9:30 or 10am to have him join me. And to top it off he made me breakfast. Then he and Lilly gave me my gifts (yes Lilly even got me a card). You know you're growing up when you're excited to get a food processor and an iron! :)

This is the food processor I got. It's actually blue because for some reason they stopped making the blue ones and had a major close out on them. I may have seen the deal a while ago and hinted at it to Andrew but he surprised me by getting it. It is seriously intense and probably one of the nicest appliances I have...besides my Kitchen Aid stand mixer of course. :)

Lilly also gave me tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Cincinnati Music Theater. (She had to stay home, unfortunately. :) ). Despite the fact that the last two plays Andrew and I have seen were Off-Broadway productions, this was still a very good local theater production. We may have made fun of some of the costumes and actors though.... :)

Our friends had a BBQ to celebrate the husband getting his MBA. He graduated the same day as my birthday and it was supposed to be a combined celebration but when the invitations went out they only had his name on them. It was mostly funny and was still a lot of fun.


It was a great birthday and good weekend too since Andrew decided to celebrate Mother's Day the next day! :) And I got another kitchen appliance for Mother's Day -- an Immersion Blender. Food Network will do these things to you.
And I almost forgot...we made our first baby purchase....a travel system which includes the stroller, infant car seat, and car base. Well we ended up getting the floor model since it was on sale and the last one so it didn't actually have the base but it was such a good deal it was worth it!

So I guess you could say it was an eventful weekend & I made out pretty darn good! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still hear music! This is a token gift. :)

Kaytie Brown said...

Happy B-day!!! YAY for 25! I hear ya on being old and getting excited for kitchen appliances (I received a new crock pot for Mom's day :) Your new stroller and car seat is way cute. YAY for baby gear :)

Ashley and Dave said...

Happy Birthday! You could probably buy another base by itself. Trust me, just being able to pop that carseat into the base and drive off is worth whatever money is costs. Dave and I actually had two- one in each car- so we could take whichever car we wanted and it wouldnt be a hassel. NOw that Kinsey is in a toddler chair it's a pain, but that is off the subject. Yea for buying baby stuff and kitchen appliances! HOw far along are you?

Ashley and Dave said...

I just looked at your old blog where you were 18 weeks, so now you should be about 20 weeks which means you should be able to find out what it is!!! Let us know ASAP!

Michael B said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I forgot! I was trying to remember since I asked you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You really are growing up.

Ashley and Dave said...

I dont think that you are crazy for waiting. I really want to wait on the next one, but David really doesnt want to...so, we will see if we can convince him...I doubt it. I think that is really fun though! Hopefully the baby doesnt ruin it for you on one of your ultrasounds by showing something it shouldnt!

Paije said...

Super Happy Birthday Erika! I actually remembered before I read it on your blog...I hope it was wonderful! Paije

Dani said...

WOW! Happy 25th pretty lady! It sounds like you made out very well. Andrew is very thoughtful. I am so excited for your baby! You are so patient to wait to find out the gender...I couldn't. When exactly is your due date?

The Beardmores said...

How do you get the manufacturerers pictures posted up there so nicely? I mean really, only you Erika would post the consumer presented photo of the grill, your tickets/kitchen products... but really the illustrations are nice, very clean and put together... I do have to say that has Dad written all over it, you are his daughter though, so guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... awe... tear!