Last Saturday I woke up at 8am all ready to go shopping! And not really Christmas shopping because Andrew and I finished that on the day after Thanksgiving. But Andrew and I had some errands we wanted to run and there was an awesome sale on sweaters at New York and Company so I was all set to leave at 8:30--yes, I know record time for me to get ready. Well the thing is that we had helped our new neighbors move in the night before at 11pm until 1:30am. Why were they moving so late you ask? Well the forecast said snow early Saturday morning. But being the optimist I am I didn't even think twice about it. So on little sleep I got ready and of course it snowed a lot!
But fear not! While it snowed I slaved away on these delicious Christmas candies. And yes it did take me all day. The hardest thing to make this year was definitely the peppermint pinwheel cookies. Even the divinity and almond roca didn't foil me this year.

And the best news of this story? The rains came and the snow melted so I got to get my sweaters after all! Yea for sweaters!! :)
For those of you who have do not live near me (which is pretty much everyone who views this blog)...perhaps this Christmas candy will entice you to at least visit. :)
6 comments:
Heck! We're on the next flight out to Kentucky if you can promise me this candy will still be there!
Yummy! I am so impressed that you made divinity! Way to go you little maniac...
It may be a bit of a drive just for some Christmas candy, but hopefully we'll make it up there to visit some day soon!
Erikee, your Christmas plate looks beautiful!! I am so excited that someone carried on that tradition of doing it. Soon I will be too old to manage it any more. So thanks.
I'm not flying over...instead I'll be checking my mailbox every day for my care package!
You should know if your making treats that yummy you we will be there, just give us a couple hours notice. It is so great to see how you guys are doing and we really would love to get together. Merry Christmas!
Jenny Swenson (your cousin in Columbus)
Post a Comment