Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving at Home!

For Thanksgiving we had the opportunity to go to Washington. It was a pretty long trip (12 1/2 hours total travel time from door to door) but so worth it. And if we drove it would be at least 40 hours so we can't complain. We spent most of the time in Vancouver, WA where my sisters live but did get to spend a little time in Belfair (my hometown). It was wonderful to see family and friends and I'm only sad we didn't take more pictures or get to see more people!

I am excited to announce that we did wake up at 5am to do day after Thanksgiving sales. For one, my body is on Eastern time and I was in WA on Pacific time so that felt like 8am--sleeping in! :) And for two, it was really not that crazy at all. I'm just excited about all the money we saved and the fact that we did all of our Christmas shopping in just 5 short hours. Luckily Brandie was a crazy person (she woke up at 3am!!) and took us along for the ride. Not sure if we'll do it again next year but I loved it! :)

Erika and Brandie (my oldest sister) helping decorate at the restaurant Amber (my older sister) works at.

This is baby Cooper...Amber and Ryan's son. This picture is my favorite because he actually thinks he can get into this can by squeezing the sides.

Ryan (our devoted blog viewer) and I at the turkey fryer--although much faster than oven cooking a turkey, it was much more expensive. But lots of fun! :)

Andrew and me in the 'Couv

The Landaker Family (and spouses/kids)...sadly this is the one time all year that we're actually all together (yes this is mostly my fault for living in Cincinnati!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Hopefully Andrew was able to watch the BYU/Utah Game... well at least the last 2 minutes (he wouldn't have missed much before that!). Oh, I got your card, thanks so much! I really appreciate it and we look forward to our vacation!

Anonymous said...

Have you two put the house up for sale yet? The house across the street would be a perfect fit for the two of you in the Couve!

Dani said...

Cute blog Chica!! Ours is started but I'm not quite ready for everyone to look at it yet. :) I will send you the address ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Ohh this made me so excited to see you two!! it is going to be so much fun!!

aubrey