Saturday, November 3, 2007

Baby's Warm Welcome

My coworker has taken on community project called Baby's Warm Welcome that provides blankets to mothers of new babies in need. She organized a day for those interested in participating to get together and make these fleece tie blankets. Of course, we'll be in Indianapolis at a Jazz game (the locals will think it's a Pacer's game) on that day. So I decided to may a blanket ahead of time to donate. So here is my first attempt at blanket making. Yes, I know these are the easiest blankets to make ever but it was fun. It was super hard to find the right fleece and matching solid fleece. Let's just say this material wasn't my first choice but it turned out pretty good. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. Now I just need a sewing machine so I can make more involved blankets! :)

(I flipped up the corner so you can see the back)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should make a big one now and put it next to your water jug in the basement. That way you won't be cold or thirsty.

Erika said...

Thanks for your support of our emergency preparedness, Ryan. However, we have far too many blankets for me to justify making more at this point. And if I stored them next to the water that would put them at risk for getting soaked. Then what would be the use?? You're on the right track though. :)

Michael B said...

Oh my gosh, I thought that you were making a pregnancy announcement on you blog! I would have been so mad and hurt and confused if you didn't call and tell us individually. The blanket looks so great. You are so crafty... I just finished my temple dress, but is that appropriate to post on our blog? I'll have to send it to you in an email.

Anonymous said...

Erika! I love it! I am so impressed! Those blankets are so fun to make!

Aubrey

Michael B said...

It's all good about my birthday... I understand how you guys move halfway across the country and then forget about the little ole' Becksteads in Salt Lake... :( JUST KIDDING! I know I probably shouldn't have said that because it probably made you a little sad, Erika, but I really was kidding. You guys are still some of our best friends - I mean I talk to Andrew more than I talk to any of the guys in Provo - Andrew is my DOG! Anyway, you can see Dave's fiancee in the Chili's picture (she's the one to the left of Dave, the girl to the right of Dave is Annie, my wife :)). Alright, well this is probably the longest comment you have ever had on one of your posts, so ENJOY IT because you guys really do ROCK and we miss you TONS! We still haven't found anyone who loves games or who we can even really play games with here in SLC!!! So sad... but it will be that much better when we finally reunite... If we ever meet again it will be Zion to us!!!

Kaytie Brown said...

Way to be all homemaker-ish. And btw way I had a really good time remembering the dance where you were seriously the DANCING QUEEN!! That was so funny. I miss you.

Betty Kay said...

Your first blanket turned out really cute, Erikee!! Good on you!! Keep on going. MOM

Betty Kay said...

Your first blanket turned out really cute, Erikee!! Keep on going. Good on you. MOM