Today Andrew and I had our own little emergency preparedness day. Okay so the ward emergency preparedness lady organized the ordering of water barrels but we bought one... :) So today we cleaned and filled them in our basement. And then we decided to get our 72-hour kits put together. I know we have most of the things that need to go in them, it's just a matter of actually putting them all in one place. I got a few things in it but it's not yet complete. But it's a start! :) (Hopefully we don't have another tornado watch until I can finish though...)

Andrew devised a flashlight water-line method to see where the water level was during the filling process. It was very high-tech.

Truth be told...I did most of the filling while Andrew did the water level watching. :)

And here is where we are storing the barrels--in our unfinished walkout basement--right next to the rough-in full bath. It's fun to think what we could do if we finished the basement but um...it probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. For now it's a great storage place!
9 comments:
I have a question...why do you need a water line? When water starts to come out of the top, it's full. Then you turn the hose off.
Great question! We filled up the barrels in our basement...quite a distance from our hose so we had to know when to run out and shut it off. Plus we didn't want to fill our basement with water. It's too cold here these days to dry!
Isn't Andy strong enough to carry the water down once they are full? :)
I think next time you two should get some walkie talkies...that would make things much easier.
K, Ry Guy you are given one instance of clemency on the matter but for future reference, it's Andrew NEVER Andy.
I'm family...I can call Andrew anthing I want...I enjoy Andy. I also enjoy the And Man. Of course there is nothing wrong Drew either. If we want to have some fun, we can also call him AndyDrew if we so choose. If you put it all together, we end up with The AndyDrew Man.
Well, that high tech flash light method does not look that high tech even to an untrained eye!! And man you sure are all decked out for filling up waterbarrels Erika. But good for you for being prepared.
I agree you are way too cute to be doing serious labor (but then again you always look like that). Umm.. way to be prepared. And I didn't know you had a tornado watch. That's semi scary!
You little maniacs! That is really exciting that you can start a real storage! It seems like there is a bigger and bigger emphasis for having storage. Way to go!
you know... Andrew never had a kinkname... he has always been Andrew...
Can't wait to see you...
love you...
ATL dad...
BTW... finish the basement soon... you will never regret it!!!
Post a Comment