Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Life Update

We are still alive even though our lack of blog updates may indicate otherwise. :) I meant to post these pictures of Keegan's first adventures to the ER at the beginning of last month...but I didn't. Keegan and I were outside playing one night when I decided we'd better go inside and start the bedtime routine. Things were going fine until just before he was getting out of the bathtub. Somehow he slipped and started crying--a lot. I thought it was his usual over reaction to any situation but turns out, he bit into his lip (both inside & out) but luckily not completely through. There was quite a bit of blood and I wasn't sure whether or not he needed stitches. I imagined putting him to sleep just then and having his sheets covered in blood throughout the night and some other terrible thing that my imagination is good at creating. So I decided to take him to see Daddy (for a second opinion) who was the church for our ward's youth night. Luckily there was a lady from our ward there who is a nurse and she agreed he needed stitches. My first thought was to go to Urgent Care but the nurse advised me that they usually send away children this young and tell them to go to the ER. So off we were at Keegan's bedtime to the ER. The good news is that we were seen rather quickly but that doesn't mean the whole experience was quick. Two & a half hours later Daddy decided he better head home to do some homework and then shortly thereafter Keegan and I did get to leave the ER too. The thing that really got Keegan through was knowing they'd give him a "popsick" (popsicle) after he got the stitches.

This is Keegan the next morning, complete with antibiotic & blood on his PJs. He did so well at the ER and slept like a champ that night. He woke up happy as could be.

It was tough to get a close-up of the stitches since I couldn't figure out the settings on our camera but you get the idea.

In the end he got two stitches and by the next morning had healed so much I couldn't believe I thought he needed them the night before. He took one of the stitches out himself the second day of having them and then had the other removed by the pediatrician on the fifth day. It's amazing how fast kids heal because you almost couldn't tell there was anything there by the time the stitches came out. For a while he would proudly tell anyone who would listen that he had fallen in the tub and hurt his mouth. In fact, Keegan has a remarkable memory and can also tell you about the scar above his eyebrow when he hit his head on the corner of an open car door. Nothing gets past this guy.


And for the curious...here I am at 31 weeks (today). I know I always want to see what people look like preggo so I thought I'd share just in case someone is dying to see my massive abdomen. :)

I haven't really taken a single picture of me being pregnant this time. Sorry baby boy #2, we do love you and are excited for your arrival. But what girl really wants to chronicle the largest times in her life more than once?? :)

Anyway, the heat has arrived in Cincinnati and it's been 90+ degrees for the past 4 days and my body is responding by swelling. Anywho...8 weeks to go (I am scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks on July 29) and I know I have a lot of swelling to look forward to since it's not going to get much cooler than this. We have spent the last three days at the pool and will probably continue out the next 8 weeks the same way. Lucky for Keegan my parents will be here to entertain him for the entire month of August so he won't miss out on the last month of summer too much!


Last but certainly not least...last month Andrew's sister, Aubrey, and her husband Brent moved here with their son, Colton. Brent is doing an internship in the Cincinnati area for the summer so we've enjoyed spending the last few weeks with them. Mostly Aubrey & I get together with the kids to hang out but it's been fun having them so close! Photo credit goes to Aubrey...whose blog I stole this pic from. I am so bad about taking pictures of Keegan lately. Thankfully, Aubrey is an awesome photographer and always has her camera on hand! :)

2 comments:

Charlie Brown said...

YAY!! I totally wanted to see your CUTE prego belly. Seriously. You look great! Sorry about your boy. What a trooper. MISS YA!!

Kaytie Brown said...

Its me ex roomie. Not charlie Brown. Random :)