Monday, March 29, 2010

18 months

Keegan turned 18 months old on March 23 and we got some 18 month/Easter pictures taken that day. On Monday he had his doctor's appointment so I thought I'd wait to post his pictures until our family received them in the mail and then I could also post about his stats. He is 32 inches tall and 25.4 lbs (he gets to stand on the big boy scale these days...). He's pretty much in the 50th percentile for everything and has been since day 1 so I'm guessing we don't have a future basketball star on our hands. Maybe a point guard...I remember the point guard in high school wasn't that tall. Anyway---besides for a little viral thing he's got going on he's healthy as ever.

I pretty much love this picture of him. It's possibly my all time favorite photo--some pictures the more I look at the more I find something I didn't notice like a wrinkled shirt or a booger on his face, etc. But this one, I like more and more every time I look at it.

And then I gave into the three pose shot again. I probably will at the two year pictures too. What can I say?? He's especially hard to photograph these days so I have to do whatever I can to get some good shots.

Most of you already know but we leave for our trip to Hawaii tomorrow. We drive to Atlanta to leave Keegan with Andrew's mom and then we fly out of Atlanta on Friday afternoon. I have mixed emotions...mostly excitement but also a good amount of anxiety over leaving Keegan for so long. We won't get back until the following Sunday so it's going to be far too long without my little guy. I know Leslie is very capable and will do a great job taking care of him but for the past 18 months I've never been without him longer than a few hours. So anywho...it'll probably be harder for me than him. Wish me luck! :)

8 comments:

Suz said...

Hawaii?? I am SO jealous!! Have a great time! Keegan will be just fine and you should enjoy every minute of the break. Sleep in until 10 am everyday just because you can. :)

Oh and ADORABLE pictures by the way!!

Vanessa said...

hawaii is so fun. have a super fun time! leaving them for the first time is hard...if there's anything special you guys do before bed, bring it with just in case. i just tapped a short song on a tape recorder and my sis-in-law said it worked wonders at the end of the day before bed! but anywho- way cute pics! and have a great time again!

Michael B said...

Great pictures! Have so much fun in Hawaii!

Erin said...

Have a wonderful trip.

I know exactly what your going through, we are leaving on a much needed vacation and we're leaving Aliya with a friend part time and with Grandma the other half and I'm excited and sad at the same time.

So to both of us, let us have an enjoyable trip with our husbands and know that our babies will be safe and spoiled while we are gone!

Aubrey said...

I LOVE the picture. Keegan is so cute. I think Brent and I have a conversation atleast weekly about how cute we think he is and what a good kid he is!

Kirsta and Morian said...

Man, he looks so much older than Devin does! At least in my opinion! Maybe it's all the teeth he has! He sure is a cutie! P.S. I'm super jealous about your trip to Hawaii!

Kaytie Brown said...

NO WAY! How exciting!! Ryan and I are taking off and leaving my babes in July... Let me know how it goes!

Krystal said...

oh my goodness he is so cute!