Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Time

Saturday was Andrew's birthday...seems like they come a lot faster these days. :) On Friday night it snowed a lot so I was worried we wouldn't get to go out as planned. But luckily, the roads were plowed early and when it was time to go the roads were fairly clear. We got a babysitter and I took Andrew to a Brazilian restaurant in downtown Cincinnati. He loved the Brazilian restaurant in Provo called Tucanos and has been wanting to go to the one in Cincinnati since we moved here. Ok--yes it was good but I got sick on Thursday and was just recovering so I could barely eat anything. Not a good idea at an all you can eat meatfest. I stopped eating early on while Andrew kept going so as not to miss one thing. I'm glad he did because although Tucanos was expensive to a college student, this restaurant cost 3 times as much! Good thing I love him. :)

On Sunday we watched the Superbowl and had some neighbors over to eat cake and ice cream with us. I asked Andrew if he wanted a different kind of birthday cake this year but nope--always Rainbow Chip.


Keegan had to help Daddy with the candles...there are a lot more these days... :)



Ok so this picture is completely unrelated to Andrew's birthday. But I had to post it because Keegan has just grown up so much. It's fun to see him become more self sufficient but also a little sad to realize he's not my baby anymore. His juice was on the table so he climbed up on this chair and turned around so he could continue watching Baby Einstein while enjoying his drink.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Happy Birthday Andrew- and yes that picture of Keegan is adorable. He is getting so big. Time to have another one now ;)

Michael B said...

Happy Late Birthday my friend! I really meant to call... I promise:)

Kirsta and Morian said...

Rainbow chip is the best cake and frosting ever! Good choice Andrew! Happy Birthday! Isn't it amazing how they just aren't babies anymore? Kinda makes me sad!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Andrew-

The picture of Keegan is adorable, he has grown up!

Betty Kay said...

Keegan is getting SOOO big, and his grammie never even gets to see him.:( :( :( So I have to ask... was that Andrew's birthday cake or Keegan's??? :) :) :)