All in all it was a great trip. And thanks to the pack 'n play Keegan slept a great 10-11 hours each night. I'm sure there will be many more camping trips in our future.... :)
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Camping
This weekend Andrew actually got Friday off since he's been traveling so much! So we decided to take Keegan on his first camping trip. We went to Hocking Hills (an area near Columbus, OH just a little less than 3 hours from our house). Although we are not quite as brave as some campers with babies--we brought the pack 'n play for Keegan to sleep in--we did have a great time.
Andrew enjoyed using his fire building skills. I would be lucky to get some newspaper burned but I am definitely not a fire starter. This reminds me of my dad making one every day in our wood stove growing up...how did he do it?
It was actually a little cold the first morning (hence my sweatshirt). By cold I mean it was around 55 degrees...brrrr. :)
Andrew and Keegan in front of our Dutch oven (thanks to my mom for this gift to Andrew, we loved putting it to use). Inside was some delicious Peach Cobbler.
Andrew is a die hard and we did about 7 or 8 strenuous miles with a baby in tow. I am still sore two days later. :)
All in all it was a great trip. And thanks to the pack 'n play Keegan slept a great 10-11 hours each night. I'm sure there will be many more camping trips in our future.... :)
All in all it was a great trip. And thanks to the pack 'n play Keegan slept a great 10-11 hours each night. I'm sure there will be many more camping trips in our future.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awesome! I am not surprised that Andrew wanted to hike with Keegan for 7 to 8 miles... Oh, by the way, I meant to call Andrew a little over a week ago when we stayed the night in Cortez on our way to New Mexico... it's somewhat a tradition to call him when we pass through!
Fun...We can't wait to go camping but it's a little too hot here!
Looks like SO much fun you guys!! We took the pack-and-play camping too, it was totally the way to go!
LOVE little family camping :) Looks like a BLAST!
Way to go! Ypu guys are braver tahn us, we shy away from dutch ovens. Did you all fit in a tent with the pack'n'play? Camping is the best!
FUN TIMES!! I've been wanting to go camping all summer...I need to just get on the stick and plan something before it's too cold! btw, Luke wore that outfit you gave him (b/c it's been so stinkin chilly!) and it is so cute! Thanks again.
Your camping trip does look good.. and how did your peach cobbler turn out?
Post a Comment