Monday, July 6, 2009

Chicago!

For the fourth of July this year we decided to visit our friends, Dani & Jared Bourgeois, in Chicago. I know, I know....I said we didn't have any more trips planned for the whole year but this was a little bit last minute. :)

We had such a great time and got to see lots of fun things in Chicago. It was both Andrew and I's first visit there (and Keegan's too! :) ). We started our trip by taking Chicago's light rail--Metra--into downtown. We really think Cincinnati needs one of these...but that's for another day.

Although we opted to not stand in the really long line at the Sears Tower to ride to the top...we did get to see it. :)


Our gracious hosts--Jared, Dani, JJ, and Luke Bourgeois


Behind Andrew is Giordano's Pizza--true Chicago style pizza. It was our first time eating it and it was amazing!


The Bean--this was pretty cool (probably the coolest abstract art we've ever seen). We took a picture of our own reflection but thought it'd be better to show you what it was we were reflecting in. :)


Keegan had a very good time riding around in his stroller. He is such a good traveler. And I'm so sad I just barely put him in this shirt...he's almost grown out of it!!


We took a water taxi---after lots of walking we decided a little stroll through the buildings via water would be a nice break. It was pretty fun too!


The historic Union Station is the site of many movies--Batman, Untouchables, My Best Friend's Wedding...Andrew was very excited.


Inside Union Station. (You may recognize these stairs from the last dramatic scene of the Untouchables, Andrew got chills actually being there)


Benches from My Best Friend's Wedding in Union Station.


After a long day Keegan was pooped. He hardly ever naps with Mommy so I had to have a picture! :)

We had such a good time! Thank you, Bourgeois, for lots and lots of fun and good food. :)

9 comments:

Suz said...

Looks like a really fun trip! It's so funny too because I have another friend that went to Chicago this weekend too- must be a popular place!

Dani said...

It was so fun to have you guys!! We wish the trip could have been longer...we're talking about a time to come crash your place--any ideas???

Betty Kay said...

I'm not sure what happened, but about every 3rd picture did not come through, so I only got to see one of the Keegars. I need more Keegans! You look like you had a fun time though. I'm glad you got to go.

Betty Kay said...

I'm not sure what happened, but about every 3rd picture did not come through, so I only got to see one of the Keegars. I need more Keegans! You look like you had a fun time though. I'm glad you got to go.

Kaytie Brown said...

Umm.. that pic of you and your sleeping boy is RIDICULOUSLY cute!!

Erin said...

Fun trip. I wish we could have been there we would have shown you some more great Chicago stuff, like the worlds best popcorn and Jason's favorite hot dog place.

Glad you got to see some great things. We love Chicago.

Michael B said...

That's awesome you guys went to Chicago... You guys have just had so many trips this summer, you might as well come to Salt Lake again! Anyway, I need to call Andrew - it's been a little while... Since we drove through Cortez, probably was the last time...

Annie B said...

I love all your pictures and your shirt in the last one.

Unknown said...

Gosh, we've been to Chicago several times but we never saw all the thing you did, mostly we saw the Temple and a hotel room. What fun you all had! Aunt Lyn