Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow Day! (or weekend)

These pictures don't do justice to the amount of snow we actually got here! This happened to be record breaking snowfall for our area for the last ten years! (Did I mention Andrew is traveling for work this weekend so I get to shovel by myself?? :) j/k I have very helpful neighbors!)

Anyway, between Friday and Saturday we got about 10-12 inches of snow. For most people who see this much snow on a regular basis, it's no big deal. But imagine that snow without the proper snow removal equipment and then you'll have Cincinnati / N. Kentucky in what they call a "blizzard". Yes...our cul-de-sac is still not plowed. Most of the main roads will be lucky to see a plow today. I'm just hoping the sun comes out today and melts some of this so I can get out tomorrow!! (No I don't need to get out today...church was cancelled.)



This was when Lilly could still stand in the snow...now she sinks quickly but still loves to play in it.

I know it's pretty impossible to tell but this is a snow drift of about two feet of snow on our deck once the snow finally stopped.

And here is our neighbors cars...still only about half way through the storm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCKY!!! I have been looking for that kind of snow storm in The Couve for years with no luck!

Suz said...

Wow, you guys got a lot more snow than we did- we only got about 4 inches, and it was prety much gone by yesterday afternoon. I hope you've made it without Andrew! (Luckily you don't have to go anywhere right?) Oh and by the way, your blog looks very cute! :)

Michael B said...

Nice... Well, I guess we decided to share the snow with you guys... Don't worry, a new blog post for us is in the works (I think...:)...

Erin said...

Good luck with that snow! So far I do not miss it at all! ;)

Mariah said...

Hey guys. We decided to make our blog open to invited readers only. Send me an email at mariaht@byu.edu so that we can send you an invite.

Anonymous said...

Guys, after a long absence from blogging, I have returned with a comment to make up for my tardiness. I heard a strom was brewing in your area and I thought of you. We are so excited to officially be coming to see you guys! It will be the best time ever and we will be sure and bring... well, we'll bring something exciting.

Dani said...

oh what fun! Your little puppy is DARLING! How fun for you guys.