Anyway, just thought we'd share what we turned our Christmas gift cards into...

This is our official food storage shelf. We have one next to it but it's full of camping gear and far less exciting. It's still a little bare but we're working on it a little bit at a time. And yes, most of the boxes are wheat. Good news is that I got a wheat grinder for Christmas from Andrew's dad. It's a hand crank and although a lot of work, is very practical in a real emergency.

Tada...our living room now has overhead lighting after 8 months. We have a standing lamp but it's not quite the same as overhead lighting. It even prompted us to rearrange the furniture!
And yes, Andrew did install both this fan and the one in our bedroom all by himself! :) (Turns out this fan is almost identical to the one in our bedroom--we didn't plan it that way but hey, we know what we like).
And I don't know that I would consider this a use of our Christmas gift cards as Andrew is still in search of the perfect home theater system to use up the last of the gift cards. However, this wreath was an amazing find at Hobby Lobby. Originally $200 we got it 80% off for only $40...oh how we love after Christmas sales! :) (By the way, this wreath is so huge it's diameter is the same size as our door so we'll see how that goes next year...haha!)
7 comments:
You know what they say, one can never have enough wheat flour.
I dig the overhead lighting. It will help you see better next year rolling cigars after the tobacco harvest!
Here's to hoping that Andrew has the home theater by July so we can blast out to it!!!
What a steal! I love oversized wreaths! Good for you getting food storage etc.
Ok so this is a kinda strange request, but could you post a pic of your wheat grinder? A hand crank IS SO practical. I was thinking og getting a grinder attachment for my kitchen aid... but in a state of real distress I don't think I'll be bustin out my kitchen aid.
P.S. I was just thinking today how much I freaking MISS YOU!!
I am so very proud of you for your official food storage!! It looks just great, and so does the ceiling fan. Good job, Andrew! I am still not sure what I think of the wreath--it just looks really different than anything I would expect you to buy. But I guess I do like it. I love you two guys.
I was so excited to see your post on my blog...this is my favorite way to stay in touch. Way to go on the food storage! Jared and I are working on ours as well. He spent quite a bit of time yesterday getting our pantry all situated with cans, boxes, etc. Isn't it so much fun?! Also, love the wreath! I have done after Christmas decor shopping this year as well and have found some very fun things! I am all stocked for next year!
Hey Andrew. This is Mariah (formerly Turner) from freshman year. I found your blog through Morian and Kirsta's. So, you guys are in Kentucky? Are you liking it there? Well, it was nice to see some pictures of you and your wife- looks like you guys are having fun! Hope that everything is going well.
Post a Comment