Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Adventures in Memphis

Andrew and I got to take a little weekend trip to Memphis to visit with Suzanne and Rand Blair. It was sooo much fun! Suz is one of my original BYU roommates (I say original because in total I've had about 40 roommates--geez louise!! and the original 6 at BYU were the ones I had for an entire year and probably some of the best roommates ever!). We are so glad we were able to make this trip!

This is the Peabody Hotel in downtown Memphis where the March of the Ducks takes place every day at 11am and 5pm so these little ducks can make their descent and ascent from and to their home on the roof each day.


These little quakers were just part of the fun little tour we took called Ride the Duck. We rode an amphibious vehicle from WWII that took us into an inlet off the Mississippi River (apparently going into the actual Mississippi would've been to dangerous since it goes pretty fast).


Suz & Rand with their adorable little baby Cayden. He was such a sweet baby and always happy and smiling. We were so glad to meet him!

This is just one of the old mansions in downtown Memphis that is now a museum.

This of course is the infamous site of MLK, jr. assassination.

This is Beale Street...a pretty famous place in Memphis and apparently quite the party spot at night.


Other side of Beale Street.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Why what mighty fine necklaces you have there, I wish I had one. Oh wait, I have 3! :) We had such a great time with you guys here. thanks for coming to visit. Your pictures actually make it look like we took you places too! ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you passed up the KING! COME ON...we're talking about THE KING!