
Among the first of our visits was to Skyline Chili. You may not know but Cincinnati has a special chili recipe that includes cinnamon, nutmeg, and I've also heard chocolate. It doesn't have beans either. Let's just say that this visit was the last time I'll eat the stuff--just not my favorite combination.

We visited the Underground Railroad Freedom Center just across the Ohio river in Cincinnati. In just 3 hours there we barely scratched the surface of the many amazing exhibits here. Luckily we live here and can go back anytime.

This picture hardly captures how small this slave pen was. Apparently the men were chained up on the top floor while the women cooked downstairs in these tiny quarters.
A trip to Kentucky wouldn't be complete without a stop at the horse track. This weekend was special because not only did it have live races, it also had a rib cook off that we got to enjoy.
Andrew and Erika just prior to post (post = the start of a race).
Mom and Erika living it up at the horse track. :)
And they're off! That's #9 in the lead who did end up winning.
6 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! We actually were just thinking about a possible trip to see you guys next year (checking out flights)... Oh, Erika, I only say this because we are friends but... "...their off..." shouldn't it be "...they're off..." Get back to me on that one, umkay pumpkin?
Chili??? UHHH, not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Kentucky. Let me think about this, if I had to put things in some type of order:
1. Churchill Downs
2. Kentucky Wildcat Basketball
3. Kentucky Blue Grass
4. Abraham Lincoln Birthplace
5. Cumberland Gap
6. Bad Branch Falls State
Nature Preserve
159.Bernheim Arboretum and
Research Forest
566.Assasination of 1900 Governor
William Goebel
708.Kentucky Chili
You know, I never thought of it that way... It makes so much more sense now. I mean I always wondered why they call it CINCINNATI chili instead of Kentucky chili. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Kentucky...Ohio. Same thing right???? Right???? Just like tater tots and pumpkin pie. Exactly the same!
Erika... I am still hurt over your last comments... nah, not at all! After what I wrote on your blog, I expected some sore of retaliation... Another idea we had to taking a trip next summer is if we took some sort of trip with you guys... what do you think?
Looks like you guys had fun. Your mom is so good at traveling and making everyone feel loved. Like when she traveled with you to the dead of desert for our big wedding day.
P.S. about the kid thing. SOOO worth it, but yes VERY crazy at times. I haven't had a huge marker stain on my carpet yet, but potty training Brooklyn left lots of different kinds of puddles and stains all over my house. Fun stuff. Again... SOOO beyond worth it though.
Post a Comment