Sunday, October 7, 2012

Disney Update



 (This is the building I work in across the street from Downtown Disney!)

Soooooo, How are things going at Disney?

This is something that a few have asked, many have hinted at, some have thought about asking and others, well they probably won't read this anyway.

I figured this may be a good way for me to report out and allow anyone who REALLY want to know to find out. :)

The first month has been very interesting.  I have seen a side of Disney that some might say "takes away from the magic".  In other words, I have been exposed to the "well oiled machine" that is the Walt Disney Company.  It turns out that Disney is just like any other large company out there.  Despite what some may think, especially if they have recently experienced how much a Disney trip really is these days, the projects we work on have budget constraints as well.

However, for me this experience has simply ENHANCED the magic.  It is so fun to see the creative minds at work as they strive to improve the guests experience.  Some of the people that I have been exposed to here really are amazing at what they do.  I now have an even better understanding of the time and effort that goes into making sure each and every guest has a magical experience.

It is so wonderful to see how Disney is taking the MAGIC that a Guest sees and experiences in a Disney park and striving to use technology to share that Magic with everyone wherever they are.

I suppose I should tell you a little about the project I am working on.  I am working with a team that is focused on the Resorts side of the business.  We are currently working on enhancing the experience that guests have as they make reservations to come and stay on the Disney Property here in Orlando.  It really is mind blowing to see all the different components that go into operating a resort simply from a room management perspective.  I now have a better understanding of why hotel room and airline prices fluctuate so much despite the fact that there is a fixed amount of inventory.

Well, that is all that I have for today's update.  I plan on providing at least one more before my internship is over.  So keep your eyes peeled for that. :) 

3 comments:

Betty Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Kay said...

Thank you, Andrew for sharing your REAL feelings about Disney. It was good to know and learn. I thought it was actually a pretty awesome place during our short time spent there also. We really had a good time. I experienced feelings that are probably dumb, but that I had not known about myself before. It was pretty insightful.

Morian Black said...

Hey Andrew, we just got back from a Disney cruise last week. It was awesome and the kids loved it! Looks like someone there at Disney knows what they're doing.