Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Next Chapter



Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Some of them are good and some of them are... well not so good.
One of those twists came our way recently but it really all started about 4 months ago. I realized as graduation approached that I would be in a good situation to market myself. So on a whim I applied for a internship with the Walt Disney Company. It seemed crazy at the time since I had a good full time job at the time. Then I did not think anything of it after that.
Well, 3 months later Disney called me and 2 weeks after that I had an offer. One company I have always wanted to work for is Disney. The idea that it was an intership lead Erika and I to hesitate a bit. However, after a considerable amount of prayer we both knew this was the right thing for us to do.
Then the fun began!!! We had to decide what to do with the house, prep it for sale, pack up our stuff, and move it to a storage location. Erika did most of the work and I am so grateful for that. I did not think we were going to get it done and I was afraid Erika would be left in KY without me for a couple of weeks. I guess that motivated her because she made sure everything was packed.
I will say that this would not have been possible if it were not for the VERY supportive friends and neighbors that we had. It was bittersweet having so much help. On the one side, it never would have happened without the help. On the other, it is sad knowing that we had such great friends that we were leaving behind.
Our last day in KY was a sad one but we made sure to snap one last pic before we drove off.
(If you are wondering why Keegan is trying to make a scary face.... your guess is as good as mine, all I can say is, he's 3!)
So now we are on our way to Orlando, FL. Our new home for at least the next four months. What happens after that is not clear at this point but we are not worried. We know that we will be blessed with a new and exciting opportunity (Hopefully with Disney).


Our new home (okay not really that picture is yet to come)


No comments: