Friday, October 29, 2010
Cookie Dough Cupcakes
My inspiration for these delightful cupcakes comes straight from Sarah Voss who posted about making these with her sister. Thanks for the idea, Sarah. These are my new favorite cupcakes of all time...seriously, best cupcake EVER!!
I tried to eat a reject--this one didn't fully set in the middle (hence the slight cave in the top) but the rest set perfectly. (Click here for the recipe I used from allrecipes.com in case you're dying to try this at home yourself. I used a triple chocolate fudge cake instead of yellow. FYI--allrecipes.com reviews will often result in such perfection but on rare occasions reviewers are sooo wrong!)
I'm taking these to my ward Chili Cook-off/Trunk or Treat tonight and Andrew said I had to use my cupcake tower. I mean really, how often do you get to use such a thing--so why not?? :) I'm pretty sure no one will expect a little cookie dough surprise when they pick this up off the dessert table tonight. They may not even fully understand how this non-cake loving girl adores this confection, but my oh my, they are delicious!! *Of course I tried one before I put them on the tray--it's the first time I made them, I had to know the results of my labor!!*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i want one now.
They turned out so dang cute! I'm really glad you DID use the cupcake tiers and shared the recipe too. Did everyone just love them???
I am glad you tried them. Yours look so PERFECT. I will definitely have to try chocolate next time because, obviously, there will be a next time :)
YUM...those are so tasty. A lady in our ward made some and I didn't know there was anything in the middle...what a pleasant surprise!!! I'm so glad we're friends too :)
Drop some in the mail for us! Looks like a fun Halloween too!
Post a Comment