Saturday, September 11, 2010

St. Louis & Nauvoo

My parents came to visit us so that we could make a road trip to Nauvoo (last year we did Kirtland & Palmyra). Andrew thought it would be fun to stop in St. Louis since it was on the way so we ended up doing both!

Nauvoo & Carthage

Rebuilt Nauvoo Temple. It was a beautiful temple and had some unique differences that I've never seen on any of the temples I've been too. My parents were nice enough to watch Keegan so Andrew and I could go in an do a session.


Mommy, Keegan, Andrew, Homer & Hank (oxen), Grammie, & Grandpa Landaker.
We found out that ox are really just neutered steer with horns. So apparently if you let it, a cow can get this big (2400 lbs each)!


We got to go on several different guided tours through historic Nauvoo (a wagon ride, carriage ride, and ox ride) and all were free. It's pretty amazing what the missionaries do & to think they pay for themselves!

My dad & Andrew with statues of Joseph & Hyrum Smith at Carthage Jail in Carthage, IL.

The door to the room where Joseph & Hyrum were held just prior to their martyrdom.

Keegan & Daddy in the martyrdom room at Carthage Jail.

Our trip to Nauvoo was equally wonderful to that of our trip to Kirtland and Palmyra last year. I think it's impossible to visit these sites and hear these stories & not feel the Spirit. I am so grateful for the many sacrifices made by the early saints so that we can have the gospel in it's fulness available to us today!


St. Louis

St. Louis Zoo -- if you weren't interested in any of their attractions, this zoo was completely free. We were very impressed for it being a "free" zoo! :)


We went to see a Cardinals vs. Reds game while in St. Louis and it happened to be Keegan's first major league ball game!

The St. Louis Arch and Capital building.

We spent a few days of my parent's visit at our house since most of the time we don't end up staying in town when they visit. It's been nice seeing family but we don't have any more trips planned for the rest of the year! So, hopefully people will want to come visit us (*hint hint*)!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I have been meaning to call you to see when a good time would be for Colton and I to come down and take a visit! Talk to you soon!

Dani said...

What a fun trip! You guys are so good at taking trips and doing fun things. We miss you guys. Jared and I were just looking at the next year and we would love to come visit you guys...I'll keep you posted!

Michael B said...

You guys take some fun trips! Just come ot Utah and that will be the most fun!