Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Part Two

Here are Keegan's 3 birthday cakes for his second birthday. I guess that means he'll need 4 for when he's 3. But hopefully we can stick to just one! :)


Fish cake for the celebration in Georgia with Andrew's family.


He was very excited and even blew out his candle all by himself (not something he did on his first birthday :)).


Rocket ship for birthday celebration number two with my parents when they visited us in early September.


And to go with Keegan's current obsession with Curious George and all things monkey--monkey cupcakes (made from fondant) on his actual birthday.

So I learned two main things from this experience:

1. Three cakes in 1 month is a lot of cake. (and for a non-cake lover like myself, way too much cake)

2. I will not be going into business making cakes. I don't have the patience or the skill but hopefully my kids will be happy with the birthday cakes I create for them each year anyway.

From the pictures below you can see that Keegan had a great birthday and thoroughly enjoyed his new toys. Unfortunately he now believes our home is his personal playground (oh wait, he already thought that.... :) )


Happy Birthday, Keegan!

5 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

Great job on the cakes! Did you make all 3? I totally had a pregnancy meltdown while making Devin's cake(s)..not fun! Happy Birthday Keegan!

Michael B said...

Happy B-Day little buddy!

Zsofi and Scott Reber said...

where the hell is the "like" button?????????
ah i love your cakes. and i love primates. and i love you. youre the best mom ever.

Kaytie Brown said...

We LOVE curious george. And I agree with Zsofi, BEST mom ever!

Betty Kay said...

I have been meaning to tell you, Erikee, that all of your cakes are absolutely adorable! You did a REALLY great job on all of them and I think you're very talented!!!