Since Andrew & I are leaving early Wednesday morning to drive to Georgia we decided to open our gifts early on Monday night. Andrew got me this rolling kitchen cart that I've wanted for a long time. When we first bought our house I gave up my dream of an island and cabinet space in the kitchen. We saw this cart over a year ago and I decided it was the solution to all of my problems. :)
Well Andrew finally got it for me (or he finally gave it to me...often times he buys gifts way in advance for me and gives them to me months and months later). I couldn't wait for Andrew to put it together when we get back from Georgia so I decided to have a try at it. Holy cow! Has anyone ever put something together from a box like this? The little wrench they include is painful to use. And Keegan was eating the screws until I finally decided to put him down for a nap to avoid a pre-Christmas trip to the ER. Ok so at least 2 hours or more later....I did it all by myself.
Now can I never be the one to assemble anything ever again? This is why I got married in the first place. Sheesh! :)
5 comments:
Very good job, Erikee. I'm proud of you. Just don't get too good at that stuff or you'll end up doing it all the time. Take it from the voice of experience! :) :) :)
this is why i have my hubby! i was proud for putting together my applesauce maker thingy. but holy smokes...great job!! so glad my hubby enjoys that stuff (or at least that's what I tell myself so that I don't feel bad when he always does it!)!!!
Funny story. I hate putting furniture items together, I think Jason and I get in little fights about the instructions throughout the 30 hours it takes us to assemble something. But in the end it was worth it!
Merry Christmas!
that is awesome! And yes, putting things together that come in flat pack boxes is wretched. You know that book shelf we have in our living room? Yeah, I put the shelves on backwards the first time. I couldn't even tell until i tried to stand it against the wall.
And can I call you Erikee too? i like that nickname but I will only use it if you allow :)
Go you!! Its so funny how absolutely essential a portable DVD player becomes. :)
Post a Comment